On Monday evening (25th April), Benidorm’s writer and creator Derren Litten took a break from filming the ninth series of the hit ITV comedy, to take over the show’s official Twitter account (@BenidormTVShow) to answer some questions from the fans.
Those of you have encountered Derren before will know that he’s not one to shy away from telling the truth, and if you really want to press his buttons, just ask him whether or not the Garveys are coming back.
Since writing them out of series seven, some fans have struggled to get over the fact that Benidorm’s original family were no longer part of the show and have chosen to moan on Twitter rather than watch the show and embrace the new characters. Their loss really.
So in case you missed it, or if like me you’re already counting down the days to series nine, here are 16 things we learnt from Derren’s Twitter Q&A…
1. His favourite series.
2. His favourite episode.
3. His favourite character(s).
4. Where the name ‘Temple Savage’ came from.
5. Geoff (Johnny Vegas), Noreen (Elsie Kelly) and Pauline (Selina Griffiths) are all back.
6. We might get to meet Noreen’s twin.
7. Sam (Shelley Longworth) is back, and it sounds like she won’t be on her own.
8. What it was like working with Ken Morley.
9. His dream casting.
10. Clive and Tonya could be back… but probably not.
11. Niky Wardley won’t be back as Kelly.
12. Shane Richie might be back.
13. There might be a tenth series.
14. There won’t be any more specials.
15. There will never be a Benidorm movie.
16. The Garveys are definitely not coming back.
If you missed any of my many cast interviews from series eight, catch up here.
Benidorm returns in 2017 on ITV